Wednesday 29 March 2017

Prom Night.......with Prima Rossibelle.

Hi Again,

I am over on the Papermaze blog and this is my last DT offering for March.
 Last summer it was our youngest daughter's year 11 Prom, such a beautiful evening, full of stunning dresses, sparkly heels, tiara's and of course arriving in magnificent cars!

When I saw the Rossibelle Collection I just fell in love with it....very pretty with the floral designs, but so striking and majestic with the Rose Gold Foil accents and highlights. So I knew that's what I had to use for a prom layout.
Chloe's dress was navy blue and I chose to have a few photos of the evening printed in black and white. I also felt that worked better with this paper range too.


I used a sheet of Nostalgic for the base of the layout and then took a sheet of the beautiful and heavily foiled Notes and Scribbles. This is an absolutely stunning sheet and the foiling is really luxurious. Before anything else i took a peice of bubble wrap and gently sponged some ivory acrylic paint onto it in various places. I absolutely LOVE to use bubble wrap for stamping with, I prefer it to actual stamps because I like that I can change the pressure in different places for different effects, also by popping a few random bubbles can completely change the end result too!
After the paint dried I then repeated the process in some patches using a metallic coppery/gold paint, I re-stamped over small patches of the ivory.
I then trimmed roughly 8mm off of one side of the sheet and the same off of the top of the sheet, this allows a border of the base sheet (Nostalgic) of the layout to show and create a framing effect.

 

After trimming I cut a fairly large square from the centre of the sheet and then roughed up the the inner and outer edges. You can use a distresser if you have one....I don't own one however and just like to pick at mine til I acheive an effect I am happy with.


I took the 3rd and final sheet which is called Vintage Memories This had various elements on it that I fussy cut out. One I used as a partial photo mat and the others I raised on 3d foam pads and arranged around the layout in various places.


Using some of the left over scraps I die cut out some swirls and added those to the layout and then popped on 3 paper and bead blossoms from the Rossibelle range.....the perfect finishing touch.


This collection is truly beautiful, even more so when you see it in the flesh. It's such a shame I couldn't capture this properly in the photo's but I just know that if you treat yourself to a few sheets at some point you will be glad you did.

 Warmest wishes
Anita xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.