Monday 12 February 2018

Simple Stories.........Romance



My layout today is created with some super papers from the Simple Stories Romance Collection ....and being that we are in February, the traditional month of Valentines, I thought it would be nice to sprinkle a little love! I love playing with and sending Snapchat pics to our daughters and this was one we took on our 25th Anniversary Road Trip last year ( I especially love the filters that remove your wrinkles and bags under your eyes ;) He!He!). When I saw this lovely collection I knew I wanted some to use with the photo.


 The page was based on a sheet of Blackbird cardstock. I used the reverse side of the sheet of  4 x 6 horizontal elements, took 0.5 cm of the top and one side of the sheet to leave a slim black border showing all the way round and gutted the centre out, which was then used as an offset mat for the photo.
I popped a large square, roughly 9" x 9", cut from the Love Story sheet,  as the next layer and then popped the matted photo on the top.


,

I picked one of the various Bingo cards from the sheet of Be Mine , there are a variety of different words on them aswell as colour choices. Crystals were stuck in the corners and I covered the centre heart with some Stickles. On the reverse of the Be Mine sheet there are rows of pretty scalloped lace rows, again in various colours. I chose a few, fussy cut them and then layered up to create a frilly border and added a length of cotton lace across the top of them.

Next I chose a sheet of Love and Adore, I cut a couple of the white strips of lace with the flowers on and used one at the top of the page and popped one just under the other lace layers before adhering them across the layout and popping the Bingo card on top. I also die cut several leaves from the musical sheet part of the page to pop behind the various flowers.


The last sheet I used was the 4 x 6 Vertical Elements . I chose various bits that I wanted from different panels and cut them out, using one section for a little journalling spot. The reverse is a nice pale sage colour and I used some of that side along with some flower dies to create a flower embellishment for the top right of the page and added a pretty 2 tone flat backed crystal cabochon for the centre.

I finished the layout with a liberal sprinkling of Stickles in lots of places and some flat backed pearls.

................................................................................................................................................................

There are some other fabulous Love/ Valentine based papers that are new to the shop and are perfect for all your special pages and other projects.
                                                        Carta Bella Hello Sweetheart


                                                      Crate Paper Main Squeeze


Thank you for looking at my post........ wishing you a love filled Valentines and I will be back later in the month using the magical  Graphic 45 Fairie Dust Collection.
Warmest wishes
Anita xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.