Wednesday 14 March 2018

Leave room in your garden for the fairies...... Light up Box Frame using Fairie Dust by Graphic 45

Hello again,
 I am back today with another project I have made using the beautiful and magical Fairie Dust collection from Graphic 45.

This deep box frame started out looking bland, black, empty and unloved, left on a shelf in my craft room ....but now takes pride of place on my lounge sideboard....with the addition of a string of tiny lights set inside it glows gently in the evenings and just looks lovely.

I lined the back of the box and the inside of the frame with a sheet of lilac Bazzill, which I had given a liberal coating of Glitter Spray to, so it sparkles nicely when captured by the light.
I then covered the out side of the box frame using a sheet of Daisy Chain 
which I gently swiped on the edges with a dark brown ink( fairly dried out pad)



This was closely followed by some rosette making, using some strips taken from a sheet of 
Magic Wishes and running them through a Tim Holtz Rosette Die cut strip and popping a sparkly, textured cabochon for the centres



I then started fussy cutting.....not going to lie, it took forever with all of the little toadstools, mushrooms, fairies and blossoms etc but I do think it was worth it



These fab papers are covered in so very much detail, the more you study it, the more you see!
There are dear little fairies, pixies and enchanted flowers everywhere and so I cut as many out as I could manage and I placed then around the outer edge of the frame.




As one of the final finishing touches I added a sprinkling of teeny crystals, they capture the light beautifully and add a little extra magic to it. And I also added Icicle Stickles to the wings and some of the flowers too xx


It really is pretty when its alight, but difficult to photograph to do it justice.



I added layers to the frame to create dimension and finished the whole thing off by adding a string of dainty copper wire lights to the inside edge.



Thank you for looking at my work and don't forget, if you want to have a look at some gorgeous scrapping and card making products then simply pop over to the SHOP and have a good look round, there is so much to choose from.

Happy Scrapping!
Warmest wishes
Anita xx

2 comments:

  1. This is so pretty Anita. Really magical. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Karen xx I really enjoyed making it xx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.