Wednesday 1 August 2018

Is 50 too old for Unicorns? ......... a layout using Stamperia.

Hi There

Today I have a layout to share using a brand new manufacturer to Papermaze, called Stamperia! The shop stocks a good selection of their papers and they cover various themes. The papers themselves are super quality, nice and thick and the colour ways are beautiful.

I chose to use some photos from my 50th Birthday (earlier this year) when my lovely daughter and sister joined forces and made me a luscious rich chocolate layer cake and a fabulous, huge well fed unicorn ( made from fimo!)



 I had a sheet of light cream cardstock in my kit that I wanted to use to base the layout back onto, but needed it to blend in, so I used 2 Distress Oxide Ink pads : Peacock Feather and Seedless Preserves and applied them using some cellophane packaging and a water mister.


I also used the same colours and technique on the sheet of Wonderland Unicorn that the layout is created on. Where some of the patches were particularly wet, I blew hard and created the runs down the page.
Using some white acrylic paint I dry brushed around each photograph to create a soft matt and also around the entire edge of the layout.



I had some Prima Blossoms in my kit and I wanted to make them work with the page, so I used the same inks on these, gently patting a bit of each colour on and then misting with the water spray again to help blend the colours.



 I had bought a 2nd sheet of Wonderland Unicorn and so cut out the 2nd Unicorn and layered it on the original page using some foam pads for dimension, then gave the wings, mane and tail some magical sparkle using some Stickles.

 I also had some lovely cotton lace in my kit, this took some of the ink really well and stained it to co-ordinate with the rest of the page.


I tore a slice out of the paper on the right hand side and rolled each section back, to reveal some of the inking underneath. Then used some irridescant, sparkly thread to stitch criss crosses along the length of it.

I cut a floral section from the back of a sheet of Wonderland Dragonfly and used a couple of other scraps of left overs and layered them up behind the photos along with a couple of small plastic doily embellishments.
The title was made using various alphabet stickers, including Simple Stories Snap Studio, Martha Stewart and AC Thickers.
I used a few different paper blossoms and lots of flat backed AB crystals scattered about ( because you can never have too much magical sparkles can you??)

                                                        A couple more close ups.



So, if you want to see some absolutely gorgeous new papers, then pop over to the shop and have a good look round. And don't forget the super Summer Sale is still on and there are some fabulous bargains to be found.....don't miss out!!

Happy Scrapping!!

Anita xxx

2 comments:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.