Saturday 1 September 2018

Steam Punk Stamperia

Hi There,
 I am back today with another project using some of the fabulous Stamperia papers that are available in the shop.
I felt that these Clockwork papers had a steampunk feel about them and went with that theme, but they would also work really well for a male based layout too


I backed the page onto a sheet of Laguna Bazill cardstock which I also inked around the edges with a dark brown ink pad to give a distressed effect.
After cutting a random wavy edge all around the sheet of Clockwork Mechanism I roughed up the edges and gently inked them. I then used a Prima Finnibair Elementals Netting Stencil 
and sponged some Bronze and Gold acrylic paints through it to create a background.


Using a combination of UTEE Embossing powders in Gold and Bronze and some
Stampendous Frantage Embossing Enamel in Aged Aqua 
I sprinkled some randomly about the page and also poured some in little piles to create larger areas when melted. I had to heat the powders from underneath the page instead of the usual way from above, this is because no embossing ink was used and the powder would have simply blown away!

I cut a panel from the sheet of Clockwise with Cards  which I then inked around the edge using a Lightning Gold Ink pad and also used a decent amount of the embossing combo again, some areas were deep enough to pour some glass beads and some jewellery findings into.



 I made a photo mat using some gold mirri board that I ran through a Spellbinder 3D M-Bossabilities Creative Cogs Folder, I then swiped it with Bronze, Copper and Black Acrylic paints.
I wanted to add some extra texture using fabric on my page, so I added some metallic mesh fabric and then took some white cheesecloth and popped in a small bowl with a little water and some drops each of Crushed Courduroy and Barn Door Distress Stains 
After a few hours in soak I hung it to dry and added it to the page. The cheesecloth takes on the stain really well and I have often used this technique with a big variety of colours.


I was looking for some suitable embellishments to use and had a good rummage in my stash where I found a broken necklace, so used some of the antique looking metal flowers and also a clock Cabochon.

 I also found some teeny bottles in my stash, so chose the flattest one and popped some Microbeads in and added it to the layout. I then finished the page with a small scattering of sequins....I do love using sequins on my projects and have a nice selection of colours built up now.



I really enjoyed having a play with all the embossing powders for a change and it felt nice to break out some of my old stash that I have had for years.  I will need to have a trip to the shop I think though as I really would like to get some other colour Frantage Enamel to play with.
Thanks for looking at my post today, I hope you enjoyed it. For all your scrapping and card making needs don't forget to have good look around at the SHOP....its full of wonderful products, with new items coming in all the time.

Happy Scrapping
Anita xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.