Friday 17 May 2019

Prima Midnight Garden

Hello again,
today I have a layout using the beautifully foiled Midnight Garden range from Prima.
This collection is a gorgeous mix of deep, dark florals mixing ruby, turquoise and creams with rich copper foiling and vintage designs.

I wasn't sure initially what photo to use on these luscious papers and it did pose a problem for me for  little while. However, I eventually came across this photo of my eldest daughter that was taken on a photo day at the nursery she used to attend. We had borrowed a posh frock from a friend for the photos and she sat beautifully for the sitting bless her.


The page is backed by a sheet of dark grey cardstock and on the left hand side I stamped using a Kaisercraft Clear Stamp in the Diamond design and some copper acrylic paint.

Using a sheet of More Roses Please to create the page I sliced down from top to bottom on the left hand side approx 3" in.... I also popped a 3" strip of  Feather Collector, sliced in half, behind the top sheet. I rolled both layers back separately to expose the reverse of the paper and also to show the Diamond stamping in the background and to create some dimension on my page.


Using 3 colours of Stickles in Pink, Copper and Midnight Blue I sponged randomly across the page which added some pretty sparkly highlights.


Using a Tim Holtz Tattered Florals large die I cut out a few flowers using sections from Feather CollectorOld Map , and Travelling Ticket,
I layered them up, curling the edges and sponging them with Copper and Pink Stickles, then popped in some Pink Stickles for the centres.


Copper glitter card was used to die cut some swirls and vines that were added to the blooms. 



A couple of small panels were cut from Rose Receipts which I gently inked around the edges of with an old dark brown ink pad, I also added an inked small tag with a cute heart paper clip from Doodlebug. These were layered and tucked behind the photo.


Rather than matting the photo I popped it into a delicate chipboard frame and also added a chipboard title.




A few feathers were cut from the Feather Collector sheet and added below the title and I used a teeny sticker on the tag and under the title from a sheet of Pretty Little Studio sayings.


I finished the page off with sprinklings of sequins in various areas in coppers and golds.

I hope you treat yourselves to some of the gorgeous Prima papers, there are so many new and beautiful sets to choose from in the shop..... they really are stunning.

Happy Crafting

Warmest wishes
Anita xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.