Monday 4 July 2011

Scrapology July Challenge - M is for Masks.

This month over at Scrapology we are using masks on our pages and have chosen to lift a lovely layout by a lady called Liz Qualman

Here is my DT page for July, the photo is of my 2 girlies having fun on the beach at our summer holiday a couple of years ago :). I have used a mix of papers, Fancy Pants, Creative Imaginations and WeRMemory Keepers and also some WRMK Gletter brads and chippie embellishments.

I created my own masks by punching out strips using a Martha Stewart deep edge trellis punch and this created the outer frame. I then cut out a large circle and used a Martha Stewart corner punch to create the pattern round the edge, I then gutted the centre. After placing the masks in my chosen place I used 2 different Cosmic Shimmer Mists and sprayed the page, then when dry I removed the masks. It was really nice actually making it from scratch and just goes to prove you do not always have to pay out for manufactured and often expensive items.


I added some chipboard embellies, raffia mesh and the brads, which echoed the colours in the papers.
I also cut out circles from one of the papers, then scrunched them up before adding to the page with a brad.
Here is Liz's original layout that inspired us.

And here is her original sketch. We would love to see you join in with us on this challenge, it really was great fun to create. Why not pop over to Scrapology and see what the other members of the DT have created.

1 comment:

  1. This is fab Anita - love how you have made your own mask - something that I will have to do too as I don't own any.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.