Thursday 4 August 2011

R is for Ribbon ~ Scrapology August Challenge

For our Scrapology Challenge this month we are using ribbons on our pages and we have chosen to lift a beautiful layout by a lovely lady called Ingrid G, you can see some more of her gorgeous work HERE
Here is my DT page ( unfortunately not a great photo of the layout, the colours are much better in the flesh!)
The photo is my youngest on the beach at Pendine Sands a couple of years ago.
I have used papers by Prima, AC Thickers ( which I have coated with alcohol inks and then Stickled), some vintage cotton lace and then threaded through some baby blue satin ribbon.
I also used a ZVA pearl and crystal swirl and made some decorative beaded pins which I tucked in behind a large Prima bloom, I also added a few more Primas and added pearls or resin flowers to the centres.

I found 2 old metal plaques with a beach theme that I have had for years, I painted them with Cream acrylic paint and rubbed it back to give more of a distressed effect.
the largish clear circle is a glass watch face cover that I have added a shell ( from the actual beach in the photo) and some small precious stones.
I made the book print flower by cutting several layers out of old book paper and scrunching them up, then unravelling a bit and layering them together before holding them together with a brad. I then just gave it a gentle misting with some Cosmic Shimmer Mist.
I finished the page off with some extra blooms and mesh peices, the thickers, chipboard sentiments and some teeny alpha stickers.
Here is the original layout by Ingrid, beautiful isn't it!
And here is the sketch that we have all worked from. Why not pop over to the Scrapology blog and have a look at the rest of the DT pages....and hopefully also join in with us this month
Once again there will be a wonderful prize that you can win, very generously donated by our lovely friend Jill at Cardinal Colours, I shall blog that in a seperate post.

So, how do you fancy playing along with us this month then?...........xxxxxx




8 comments:

  1. Once again my favourite of the DT layouts Anita gorgeous colours and so serene :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really beautiful - I love all the little elements of this.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful layout, even better IRL. Lovely gentle colours and all the clever ideas you have used with this photo. Love it. x Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layout! You have just reminded me that I have those little metal plaques too, I have been 'saving' them for years, I really must use them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous layout Anita, I took inspiration from your layout for mine this weekend :) Will upload when I have a mo

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful layout Anita, just gorgeous! I love everything about it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful layout Anita - so romantic and serene!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is sooooooo beautiful Anita, love all the little details you add.
    x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.