Sunday 7 February 2010

Kindred Spirits.

I thought I would share with you the layout that I made yesterday at Jill's crop. I just love getting together with the girls once a month( I really wish it could be more often than that!!) And there are a few different crafts that are on the go normally. Yesterday saw Chris making the most wonderful necklaces, she had a right production line going. Sue and Linda were card making, Lynn and Wendy were scrapping....and Jill was mainly cursing lol, at her laptop that was, not at the rest of us! I made 10 bag charms first and then moved onto this layout. Several years ago my Mum and Dad had THE most adorable Irish Terrier, his show name was Wexford Wanderer, but his pet name was Paddy and he was a real character. He was as nutty as a fruitcake, with a cheeky face, his eyes were really bright and full of spirit and he was totally and utterly mischievous( anyone who knows Chloe in real life will know where I am going here lol)



Anyway, Chloe ( who is actually very, VERY wary of dogs) just absolutely adored him. I think they had a genuine bond with each other and I think their personalities were so alike that they were definately Kindred Spirits.....its a good job they were both cute LOL. Sadly Paddy hasn't been around for a few years and went to sleep at a fairly young age.

My Mum and Dad have this photo in a frame at home in black and white, so I scanned it and printed it in Selenium tone on Roxio Suite. I have used a mix of papers and various blossoms, BG Rub Ons, AC Thickers and a Prima Swirl. The butterfly was already glitterd, but the crystals on its wings were clear, so I coloured them with ProMarkers, I also coloured some of the crystals on the swirl.


I finished the page by stamping rounghly round the edge of the whole layout using a very swirly stamp and some coffee bean brown ink, then I carefully stamps parts of the Thickers for the title. I hope you have all had a super weekend? I am not sure where the time goes, it seems to have flown..xxxx Warmest Wishes Anita..xxx

10 comments:

  1. What a wonderful reminder! The photo is lovely and your Lo is so beautiful with all the gorgeous flowers and sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Anita, this is beautiful! *sigh* I wish I could do that!!!!
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anita Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving your lovely comment about my card. I really appreciate feedback, especially from other crafters!

    Paula x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's come out really well in these photos Anita, but even beter IRL. So sparkly and full of detail, such a super photo too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful LO Anita and as Lynn said, better IRL!
    I really loved the sparkle and crystals on this page.
    I wish too we could do it more often :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another lovely layout Anita - I just adore your 'chuck it all on' pages. Gorgeous photo too of Chloe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you very much everyone for your lovely kind comments, they really are appreciated..xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Anita

    Thanks for your messages - don't worry I knew what you meant LOL!!

    I just LOVE this layout, it is stunningly beautiful!!! I really want to start creating some layouts, I have loads of pictures of the kids but just don't know where to start!! If you have any tips or pointers then I am all ears ;-)

    You have some seriously gorgeous layouts on your blog, I have spet ages looking through them all and you have given me soooo much inspiration - I guess I am just a bit scared to step out of my comfort zone really.

    Take care.

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for visiting my blog :) That layout is beautiful (as always) love the title lettering :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am going to invest in promarkers... I never knew they could be used on gems... what a great idea!
    Beautiful LO... very twinkly and sentimental.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.