Saturday 28 May 2011

Spring Baby.....Let's keep her!

Hi there :), hope you are having a lovely weekend so far....even though its grey and blustery! We are holding onto the hope that it will be nicer tomorrow.

Here is a layout that I entered into Charmed Cards and crafts spring competition ( not sure when the judging is held....maybe it already has been lol) Chloe, our youngest, was born on 24th March, so she is very definately a Spring Baby. The photo was taken with Lauren cuddling her baby sister after having decided that she would like us to keep her lol ( after having been excited about me being pregnant, planning all the things she was going to do as a big sister and then being dissapointed that we didn't call her Ariel LOL) Lauren had decided that she didn't like the idea very much about bringing Chloe home with us.....but after a couple of cuddles she changed her mind.
I used Basic Grey paper from the Curio range and cut lots out to create a large frame for the entire page.


I used Icicle Stickles and glass seed and bugle beads to decorate the flowers and also Stickles and Liquid Pearls to decorate the lace that I used to create a mat for the photo. I cut the title using some glittered cardstock and the Sissix Round-a-bout alpha, which I then sponged with alcohol inks to obtain the colour I wanted. I also used some MLD mini alpha stickers to finish it.


The butterflies i printed off after finding them on this fantastic scrappers blog, you simply MUST go and visit Lisa at What a Beautiful Mess her layouts are breath taking.




So, what have you got planned for the rest of the weekend? Anything exciting? I have a week of work now....whoooohoooo and I have a few plans for next week....but for now I am going to prettify my nails with some lovely varnish. It will be such a treat as I am not allowed to wear even clear varnish at work....oooooh posh and pretty pinkies here i come!!!

4 comments:

  1. LOve this - so much work gone into it.... it's stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous layout, love the story behind it. Bet you will be tempted to stickle the nails too lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning page Anita - love it.
    Those Curio Papers are a dream to work with!
    Have a lovely week off and enjoy your painted nails :)

    Linda
    x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.