Saturday 20 November 2010

Websters Pages and Wooly Ruffles...

hello there :)
I hope you are having a lovely weekend so far( even though the weather is pretty pants!) I have been busy making a good start on 18 flannel reindeer that I am making for my Nephew and Neice's school Christmas Fair...they are filled with yummy chocs....just got to finish putting bells onto their antlers and they will be done! ( need to get some more bells though)
Also I have been doing a fair bit of knitting too. I made this scarf a few weeks ago and thought I would get the girls to take a couple of photos so I could scrap them at some point. I am so NOT a knitter LOL( I knitted lots of small squares several years ago and sewed them together to make a jumper.....it was more like a sleeping bag!!!), but I must admit I am thoroughly enjoying creating these ruffly scarves.


I fell in love with these Websters Pages papers a few weeks ago and ordered some after being totally and utterly inspired over the past few months of looking at the lovely blog of Jo's

She is a fantastic scrapper and superb card maker( aswell as being a lovely, lovely blogger) and she has used Websters a lot in both crafts, please do pop over and enjoy some time floating through her inspirational posts.
I am totally in love with the colour Teal ( you may already know that lol) and on a trip over to Crawley recently I found this beautiful trim in a fabric shop, it would have been so rude to come out without buying some wouldn't it! I also had the sequin trim in my stash, which I thought went well with the page.


Out came my beloved Ice Stickles and I spattered them EVERYWHERE lol.
I had some large creamy coloured paper flowers and wanted to match a couple to the papers
, so I coloured a couple with a Marine Promarker..... I love the depth of colour, so rich.
I used 2 sheets of the same Hollywood Vogue papers and made the large circle using the reverse side and cut out and Stickled the other elements and then layered them up with foam pads. I then just added some fancy pins, crystal sprays and some gold dots

I have to say I really enjoyed creating this page and now I really REALLy want to play with some more Websters pages.....so THANK YOU Jo for your wonderful inspiration!
Have a super weekend and thanks for looking.
Warmest wishes Anita..xxxx



11 comments:

  1. Oh my word that page is just beautiful - love the colours and the trims and embellishments are just perfect for it. The scarf is fab too - is the pattern fairly easy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Utterly beautiful Anita, those papers and the colours are just so "you". Loving all the stickles and the peacocks are amazing!

    I need a knitting lesson from you, I love those ruffle scarves but wouldn't know where to start. My knitting creativity has only extended to knitting dishcloths with my Grandma when I was a child lol!

    Sarah x

    P.S. I would never have known you like teal lol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh bless you Anita!!!!! I'm hardly inspirational - I just locve pretty papers LOL!!

    You're the inspirational one....just love all your layouts and this one is no exception!

    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a wonderful page all round and I was lucky enough to watch it coming together at the crop. Lovely to see if finished Anita. Great colours, papers and all those embellishments work so well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous page Anita, love all the bling. Well done on the knitting too, that is one thing I know I cannot do :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the layout Anita. Such vibrant colours and the photographs are really nice ones of you as well. I remember seeing it at the last crop and was blown away with it then. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you ladies for your lovely comments :)
    Jo you ARE a great inspiration to me and always have been Hun :)
    karen and SarahA I have emailed you both :).xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the LO Anita, better IRL.
    And I LOVE your scarf - may I have the pattern please??

    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful LO - it complements your photos so well !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous scarf and a lovely lo too

    Lisa
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.