Tuesday 2 November 2010

E...is for Embellishments over at Scrapology

Can you believe it November already!!!!! Well over at Scrapology our challenge for this month is E for embellishments!

This month we have been inspired to scraplift this beautiful layout by Cindy Schneider, who we found on Scrapbook.com. This is a digital scrapbook page but we have all made layouts with paper and glue!
Here is my version of the original, which I decided to take the sketch and flip onto it's side to create my page with.



Here is the orginal digital page....gorgeous isn't it
??

and here is the sketch of the original page that Lynn very kindly drew up for us to work from, thanks Lynn.

We have been making and using some of our own embellishments on the page, so I thought I would add a couple of close ups for you to see.



I cut all the butterflies from a sheet of Basic Grey Ambrosia paper. The orange flowers are made from organza and the autumnal flower in between was originally just cream in colour, so I attacked it with my Promarkers ;)



The crinkly flowers were made by using my Retro daisy punches in various sizes and then I misted them with water to make them more flexible,before twisting and scrunching them and leaving them to day.

Once dry I just layerd them up and added a crystal centre. I dabbed the white doily with my teal coloured paint and then gently sponged on 2 different mettalic paints to and some shimmer.


Not handmade I know, but I scattered several of my mountain of brads randomly all around the edge ( it felt good using up old stash that has been gathering dust and being saved for 'just the right page' LOL)




And I finished the whole page off with stitches here and there. Of course, my fave thing about the page is the gorgeous little man on there ;)
So, if you fancy a challenge this month to get your juices flowing, then pop over to Scrapology
we would love to see what you create. And whilst you are there have a look and see what beautiful examples there are from the DT.
Warmest wishes Anita..xxxx




Well here we are in November already

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning Anita - I love your chuck it all on pages. I love the punched flowers and the butterflies.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a lovely warm autumn page Auntie Anita. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. another cracking layout Anita. Thanks for all the tips

    ReplyDelete
  4. The combination of colours is both warm and slightly unusual, and it just makes those photos pop! Gorgeous subject and a beautiful page. I love all the textural elements - they are so you and what makes your pages so special!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow these are something else hun. Loving them both, never seen such beautiful layouts on anyone elses blog!

    Thanks for all your lovely comments on my blog, I really appreciate them ;-)

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.