Saturday 28 November 2009

Blue and green......

.....should never be seen!!!! Well, apparently that is how the saying goes. But I am rather warming to the colour combo and have been working on some Christmas cards using those 2 colours. What do you think? ( Thanks Karen for the Tilda image with the basket..x) The card base is on Bazzill dotted swiss and then I have used up some really old paper stash that has been kicking around for a few years lol. Also used a mix of various flowers and some Prima crystals and pearls. The leaves are from an ash branch punch which is a christmas pressie from my Mum and Dad( I had to test it worked before they wrapped it up he!he!he!) and I have finished off with lots of sparkly stickles.




We are child free this evening for a little bit, Lauren is out till 11pm'ish with a group of friends at a movie night and Chloe is at a splash party at the local sports centre.....so, child free and what do I do?????Wrap a few more pressies without prying eyes to see what I am doing??? Sit and snuggle with my hubby on the sofa and enjoy a film in the peace and quiet????....Nope! Can you believe I stood and ironed.....YES IRONED!!!!!!! What a berk! Oh well, at least I won;t have to worry about it tomorrow will I?


Hopefully the weather will be a bit better tomorrow( to be fair it can't get much worse....can it?) I am planning going and picking my Mum up and scoot over to Herstmonceux to a Craft show, haven't been to one for ages so looking forwards to it. And then, if there is time, I hope to get on with some more cards....watch this space....and enjoy the rest of your weekend, whatever you are up to ...xxx

6 comments:

  1. Love the colour combo Anita - I thought it was red and green shouldn't be seen. Gorgeous cards of course you had to road test the punch! Wish I thought of that before I handed over the lovely punches that I bought for DH to give to me LOL. Nice punch - must keep an eye out for that one though I do already have some leafy ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Karen....not heard the red and green saying before though.....good job too otherwise Christmas would be a bit of a bummer eh lol! So, what punches have you got coming for Christmas then?.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mother always used to quote the 'blue and green' saying! The cards a really lovley as always Anita, great way to use old scraps of patterned paper too. Hope the craft fair was good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. More beautiful cards Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Linda and Lynn....glad you know the saying too Lynn lol. Yep, I enjoyed the craft fair thanks Lynn, could have been a bit bigger though.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.