Sunday 8 November 2009

Sunday catch up.........



I didn't get chance to upload my photos yesterday, so thought i would today.







The first one is of a card I made on friday and just needed to finish by adding a pearl pin and a silver charm



Yesterday we had our monthly crop at Jills ( Cardinal Colours) and as always it was a fabulous day out with some very lovely company. Most of us were cardmaking yesterday and I was lucky enough to have a chance to try out some Promarkers and some Copics ( thank you so much Lynn and Linda, you are gems.) I have to say I got on better with the Promarkers, although the stunning array of colours that Linda had in her huuuuuge set of Copics had me feeling like a kid in a candy shop!






Here is a card I made yesterday using Lynn's Promarkers and a lovely Tilda image that Karen very kindly gave me in a huge envelope filled with stamped images ( thank you so much Karen, you are so kind).






I thoroughly enjoyed making this card and am looking forwards to finding some time this week to make some more.







We were celebrating Linda's birthday this month and Lynn bought along a beautiful display of yummy cupcakes that she had made and put on display in a gorgeous cake stand.





I made a Raspberryoffee Pie, its the exact same recipe as a Bannoffee but you substitute with Raspberries instead.





One tip I would give, if you decide to try it yourself, is to use frozen rasps, its so much harder trying to spread caramel and then the cream over them if they are fresh and soggy, the frozen ones are still full of flavour and sit nicely behaving themselves whilst you do the rest of the pie. I also use the Nestle ready to pour Caramel, its soooo much easier than faffing about boiling a tin of condensed milk for goodness knows how long. T o finish the pie off after topping it with whipped up double cream, I crumble up a Cadburys Flake and crumble across the top. Yummy!

8 comments:

  1. Thank you Anita for the yummy chocs - not that I have sampled them yet - they look too good to undo all the beautiful packaging LOL.

    I love the two cards - I am looking forward to seeing what you make with them. I can't wait to have some free time to get back to some cardmaking.

    And thankyou for sharing the raspberry offee pie recipe with me a while ago - I have made it a couple of times now and it has been loved by everyone - yum yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those cards, especially the one above the raspberryoffi pie. It looks so good you wouldn't want to give it away would you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Jill, how do you part with these fab cards? So much work in them Anita.

    ReplyDelete
  4. More works of art Anita, including the yummy rapsberryoffeee pie, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my god! You mean to say we are supposed to give them away???? I thought they went in a box under the bed???;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree Anita your cards are beautiful - little mini works of art. Like Jill I couldn't imagine wanting to give those cards away. The raspberryoffee pie was absolutely yummy too, as usual. Many thanks xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Cards :) and that pie looks scrummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey what happened to the woman who didn't make cards eh!!!! These 2 examples are gorgeous. xx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.